"The multimedia dance play adapts Tove Jansson’s The Tales from the Moominvalley. The Finnish classic is given a family friendly contemporary dance makeover and won a Shanghai EXPO 2010 Culture Award." thatsmags.com

keskiviikko 28. heinäkuuta 2010

Letters Part 2: Secrets of the Sands

















Photo: Samuli Roininen, Copyrights: Moomin Characters Ltd


Hallo.


About the importance of corresponding.

You still remember me finding a review by Leona R. Wisoker? And me writing a letter to this book critic and author of a recently published "Secrets of the Sands"?

No? Well, I did.

Leona wrote me back. And she is still having her Moomin books with her.

She says: "Yes, I still have my collection of Moomin books; in fact, I've added to the collection since I wrote that review! There is a series of Moomin comic-strip books (graphic novels) by Tove Jansson that I've been collecting as money permits, and I love them as much as I do the text books."

Though, she writes she has not got a time to start studing a new language. Meaning Finnish. - I know, I wanted to pick up the Italian(...)

Anyway.

Leonas book can be found through http://www.amazon.com, through http://www.bn.com, or your local independant bookstore can order it (Also Leonas recommended option! If we want to support small businesses and independent bookstores).

So, I did start her new book. And for what I have read I can warmly recommend it.

Sunny greetings!


Samuli Roininen, Choreographer, Dancing Moominvalley

Ei kommentteja: